Miade is a nonprofit, not governmental and non partisan headquarted in Lome (Togo) and operating in the West African countries. Our mission is:
Alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Our core values
- We believe in the intrinsic valueand dignity of human life.
- We are awed by human resilience, and believe in the ability of all people to thrive, not just exist.
- We believe that all people have the right to live in peaceful communitiesand participate fully in the decisions that affect their lives.
- We value stewardship of the earth’s health, pledging to accountably and efficiently preserve and manage its resources.
- We believe that it is our duty to be effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us.
We believe secure, productive and just societies emerge when the private, public, and civil society sectors are able to interact with accountability, inclusive participation and mechanisms for peaceful change.
- As an organization and as individuals, we act ethically.
- We treat all people with respect.
- We are open and transparentabout the work we do and how we do it.
- Our stakeholders participatein the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our work.
- We are effective stewardsof the financial resources entrusted to us and the natural environment in which we live.
- We commit to achieving demonstrable impactfor our stakeholders, using their feedback to innovate, learn and improve.
Miade’s stakeholders are people or organizations affected by Miade’s decisions and actions.
Our primary stakeholders are the people and communities we serve.
Other stakeholders include: donors, partners, governments, Miade team members, and Miade board members.